15 March 2013

Getting things done

In early February, I went to the administration building of my university in order to fetch the official topic of my bachelor thesis:

Analysing Sherlock: Psychoanalytic elements in contemporary adaptations of Sherlock Holmes

So things are getting serious and I have to hand in two copies of my thesis by 6th May what is, by now, pretty soon and I am getting more and more nervous. I am lost in paperwork, drowning in books and texts because I did not do as much as I wanted to in February. I only started working diligently in March after a slight panic attack had hit me and I realised how fast February went by. Seriously, where did that month go?! Sadly enough I do not know what I actually did those days.

Apart from scanning through secondary literature, I still have to continue watching Elementary as well as Sherlock but the latter is accompanied by a higher workload since this series is riddled with more psychoanalytic elements than Elementary. My plans for this weekend are watching the US adaptation as far as I get and write some reviews for this blog in which I only sum up the most important points of the episode in focus, regarding psychoanalysis and Holmes and Watson's character features.

No comments:

Post a Comment